If your aging parents’ incontinence is getting hard to manage due to having increased urination, it might be because of something they consume regularly that has negatively affected their bladder.
Listed below are some foods and beverages that can trigger incontinence among Seniors:
- Alcohol and all carbonated drinks.
- Coffee or tea and fluid intake before nighttime.
- Spicy food and foods containing honey, corn syrup, and fructose.
- Chocolate and citrus fruits such as grapefruits, oranges, limes, lemons, and tomatoes.
- Frozen foods and medications such as blood pressure-lowering drugs, sedatives, etc.
If your loved one’s incontinence problems are getting out of hand, it is better to seek help from healthcare professionals and consider getting Home Care Assistance in California.
It is better to have someone by their side who is knowledgeable in providing incontinence care. So if you are looking for skilled Caregivers who can assist your loved ones daily or hourly, you can find them here in our home care agency!
Here at Thrive Home Care, we make the task of caring for your elderly loved ones easier in the comfort of home. We tailor our home care services in San Leandro, California to meet our client’s specific needs and provide the treatment prescribed for them. We also take pride in our excellent services and in setting high standards of care.
Please feel free to give us a call anytime if you have further inquiries regarding our services.