Northern California Fire And Smoke Safety
October 13, 2017 | By admin
Safety is top priority for everyone, especially for those in the immediate areas affected and evacuated areas where the fires have been prevalent. Even areas away from the fires, like San Francisco and the East Bay are feeling the effects of the fires. Elderly, children and individuals who have respiratory conditions are the most vulnerable, especially to the smoke that is caused by the fires. There have been warnings issued to certain communities because of poor air quality conditions.
Here are some tips and advice we want to share regarding the fire and smoke:
- Wear protective masks (must be N95 or N100 respirator masks) if you are working or will be outdoors for longer period of time. Surgical masks are will not protect you from the harmful smoke particulates in the air.
- Stay indoors as much as possible, keeping the windows and doors closed to reduce smoke and smoke particles from entering the home.
- Use air filtration systems. This will help reduce the irritant in the air and help clean the air inside your home.
- Engage recycle air when driving with the air conditioner on.
- Avoid outdoor activities as much as possible.
If you are in an area of the wildfire:
- Be ready to evacuate on short notice is there is a wildfire in the area. Gather your emergency bag, family and pets.
- Call 9-1-1 if you see a wildfire even if you haven’t received an evacuation order yet. Never assume someone else has already called 9-1-1.
- If an evacuation order has been released during a wildfire in your area, evacuate immediately. Make sure to tell someone one where you are heading to and when you arrived to safety.
- Call 9-1-1 or seek for help immediately if you or someone you are with has been injured or burned. Cool and cover the burns to reduce more injury and infection.
If you or someone you are with has been burned, call 9-1-1 or seek help immediately; cool and cover burns to reduce chance of further injury or infection.
Top Cities for Senior Home Care
- Chicago Home Care
- Houston Home Care
- Los Angeles Home Care
- New York Home Care
- Atlanta Home Care